Thursday, October 23, 2014

Guilt Nation

I am the mother of two beautiful, toddler girls- ages 1 and 4. Life is non-stop. I love it, but there is a very honest side of me that looks forward to getting just a few more years down the road. I'm not wishing my time with them away, I am simply wishing for a time when I'm not so sleep deprived and behind on everything that I can't enjoy the simplicity of just being together.

I bring this up because of an article one of my "mom friends" shared the other day... it laid on the guilt real thick and spoke of how ashamed we should be that we are wishing for "an easier time". I read it and at first felt convicted- then I thought; wait, why should I feel guilty about that? I'm living through these Tasmanian days with as much grace and mercy that God gives me each day; (His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning... Lamentations 3:22/23) but, as a type-A, 10-hours of sleep kind of girl, I'm very out of my element. 

The Lord has used these years to teach me a lot about myself and the character qualities I need to work on improving. I've laughed harder than I ever have and I've cried harder than I ever have. I've toughened up on some of my weaknesses and I've softened my heart to many things. It's been fun, but I'm not going to lie, I'm stretched out and ready for a calmer season of life... and I see nothing wrong with that!

That's my point. What is with all the guilt floating around out there? It's every where I turn, especially towards young mothers. I pray that the Lord can use me to be an encouragement and a help to young mothers- especially when I look back on this season of life in years to come. If more people became the hands and feet of Jesus it would change the world in so many ways- and young mothers everywhere would get a nap instead of a guilt trip!

Much Love,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment